ETSI TC STQ, User Group and TC HF are very pleased to invite you to a workshop on Quality of Service, Quality of Experience / User experience, focusing on speech/multimedia conference tools.
You are receiving this email, as you attended an STQ workshop in the past. Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies.
The event will take place in the Espaces de Sophia in Sophia Antipolis, France, on 21st and 22nd of September 2010.
Bus shuttles (to and from the hosting site) in the Sophia Antipolis area will be organized and further information will be provided closer to the date of the event.
In the context of the Green Agenda, teleconference meetings appear to be a potential alternative to physical meetings. However experience shows that the quality of teleconference services offered to the users is of major concern. The definition of Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) required for such systems is a challenge.
We are calling for papers dealing with any of the subjects below:
· Users expectations
· Feedback from users of their experience of the applications in various uses (eg medical teleconference, within vehicles, in the context of home networking, Standardization Bodies, in the educational domain …).
· What are the benefits of 3D technologies for teleconferencing?
· What are the needs for standardization to increase the number of implementations and tools?
· How to implement performance testing methodologies in the context of teleconferencing?
· What will be the next generation of electronic tools?
· What are the requirements and quality criteria for video when added to speech communications?
· What are the minimum requirements for rooms characteristics used for teleconferences?
· What are the approaches of other SDOs when implementing and using electronic tools for meetings?
· Conference bridges. What are the consequences when user equipment implement different bandwidth (narrowband, wideband, super wideband)?
Abstracts should be sent using the events before 5th June 2010.
Abstracts should not exceed 200 words.
Participation in the workshop is free of charge, and open to everyone !
Should you have any query, please contact events