“User-centric Communications and Content Delivery”, IEEE CAMAD 2017, June 19-21, 2017, Lund, Sweden.
The workshop is organized by CASPER, a H2020 MSCA-RISE project (http://casper-h2020.eu/), as part of the IEEE Computer-Aided Modeling Analysis and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD) conference (http://ieee-camad.org/).
The rapid growth of multi-modal media services, ranging from conventional video conferencing to interactive immersive experiences, necessitates user-centric methodologies and approaches in order to assess and evaluate the perceived multimedia quality. Towards this direction, the key challenge is to understand Quality of Experience (QoE) notion and define QoE provisioning chains in the era of 5G networks, by incorporating advanced capabilities on: i) storage/computing/network resource management; ii) central service and network orchestration; iii) network softwarisation; and iv) Big data analytics. Although some important steps have been made in this direction, new advanced solutions are required towards: i) best match network performance metrics to end-consumers’ satisfaction level; ii) fully exploit QoE insights to take advantage of new technologies and networking tools; and iii) well define QoE-oriented business models and marketing schemes.
In this context, the workshop focuses on bringing together researchers from academia and industry to identify and discuss technical challenges and novel ideas, regarding a variety of topics, including, but not limited to:
- QoE evaluation methodologies and metrics
- QoE-based network monitoring and troubleshooting
- QoE-based service and network management
- QoE provisioning over SDN/NFV -enabled networks
- QoE-based adaptive video streaming
- QoE for emerging interactive applications (Immersive/360 video, Gaming, Haptics)
- Prediction and learning algorithms for QoE provisioning
- QoE-oriented applications and platforms
- Testbeds and online tools for QoE evaluation (Crowd-sourcing, Field testing, etc.)
- Datasets for QoE validation and benchmarking
- Media analytics from QoE Big Data
Submission deadline: March 20, 2017
Notification of acceptance: April 14, 2017
Submission of camera-ready papers: April 23, 2017
Perspective authors are invited to submit their papers using the EDAS system, through the following link:
Authors should submit a full paper of not more than five (5) IEEE style pages including results, figures and references. Papers will be reviewed with the standard reviewing procedure (with at least 3 independent anonymous reviews). Accepted papers will be published on IEEExplore (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/ ).
The TPC co-chairs:
Dr. Luigi Pomante: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Dimitris Tsolkas, Email: email@example.com
Dr. Kostas Ramantas, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org