The 17th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing,
IWSSIP 2010 (http://www.ic.uff.br/iwssip2010) is co-organised by the UFF, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, (June 17-19) in co-operation with IEEE Region 9 (Latin American), IEEE South Brazil Section,
IEEE Rio de Janeiro Section, IEEE Bahia Section, SBC, ABCM, SBEB, ABEPRO and LATEC.
IWSSIP (http://www.iwssip.org/) is an International Conference on the theoretical, experimental and applied signal and image processing techniques and systems which brings together researchers and developers from both academia and industry to report on the latest scientific and theoretical advances, to discuss and debate major issues and to demonstrate state of-the-art systems.
As incorporated in its name, IWSSIP used to be a workshop; however, it has evolved to a conference in the course of time. The Programme Committee has therefore decided to change its official designation, but, considering the historical values exhibited by this event, the traditional abbreviation shall be maintained further on.
The program includes invited lectures by eminent international experts on related topics and peer reviewed contributed papers presentations around but not limited to the topics of IWSSIP.
1. Signal Processing: General techniques and algorithms; Filter Bank Theory; Non-linear Systems; Digital Transforms; Multidimensional Signal Processing; Pattern Recognition.
2. Technologies: Neural Networks; Fuzzy Systems; Expert Systems;Genetic Algorithms; Data Fusion.
3. Multimedia Content Processing: Speech Processing and Recognition, Audio Enhancement, Restoration and Analysis, Image Representation and Modelling, Image Restoration and Enhancement; Colour Vision, 3D Vision, Image and Video Analysis; Pattern Recognition; Watermarking, New Media. 4. Multimedia Data Compression: Speech and Audio Compression, Image and Video Coding, Scalable Techniques, Standards.
5. Multimedia Systems: Human Factors, Multimodal Interfaces, Networked Multimedia, Seamless Audiovisual Networks, Multimedia Services; Multimedia Servers; Multimedia Streaming, Wireless and Mobile Multimedia, Universal Multimedia Access, Right Protection and Management.
6. Content Description: Metadata and Media Abstracts, Audiovisual Databases. 7. Implementations: Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems for Audio, Image and Video Processing; Architectures and VLSI Hardware; Programmable Signal Processors; Real-time Software.
8. Implementations: Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems for Audio, Image and Video Processing; Architectures and VLSI Hardware; Programmable Signal Processors; Real-time Software.
9. Applications: Bioinformatics; Broadcasting; Control; Communications; Digital Production; Medical; Opto-mechatronics; Remote Sensing; Robotics; Speech; Television; Telepresence e-learning; Virtual Reality; Digital Microscopy; Materials Characterization; Educational Systems; System Evaluators.
Paper submission: *January 23, 2010*
Notification of Acceptance: February 25, 2010
Early registration : March 15, 2010
Camera ready papers: March 15, 2010
Registration deadline: March 15, 2010
Conference: June 17-19, 2010
Topics for IWSSIP 2009 conference:
Artificial Intelligence Technologies
ICT in E-learning/Consulting
Video Streaming and Videoconferencing
Watermarking and Encryption
Speech and Audio Processing
Image and Video Processing and Coding
Multimedia Human-Machine Interface and Interaction
Multimedia Content Processing and Content Description
Multimedia Signal Processing
Multimedia Communications, Networking, Services and Applications Multimedia Data Compression
Multimedia Systems and Services
Mutimedia Services in NGN
DVB and IPTV Technologies
Multicast & Broadcast for IPTV
Information and Network Security
Trust and Security systems
Service Control and Media Delivery in NGN
Service Selection and Discovery for Multimedia Services
IMS based NGN Architecture, Services and Protocols
Next Generation Mobile Networks and Services
Fixed Mobile Convergence Architectures
Signal Processing and Systems